Tuesday 1 February 2011

Quilts of Illusion

I picked up this interesting book a few months ago when I was in Hay-On-Wye. Written by Laura Fisher, it dates from 1988 and was published by Blandford. I can recommend a search on Amazon for a copy!

It has many well known optical illusion patterns like Log Cabin and Tumbling Blocks but also a few that are less familiar. This Cross pattern made from a combination of Tumbling Block pieces and hexagons.




This is another variation on the Tumbling Blocks which I think is very effective. I love the older fabric in this quilt.



The Pattern almost disappears in this quilt. Again some wonderful old fabrics. 


And this is the one which inspired the quilt top I am working on at present. I have completed all the blocks and am starting to piece the quilt together. I`ll post some pictures of it soon.

I also found yet more Black Border Quilts and I`ll post them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment