Sunday 6 February 2011

Kalidoscope Quilt

This is the quilt I am working on at present. Inspired by a similar quilt in Quilts of Illusion.





This has been a bit of a long term project, started in the Spring, got taken on holiday with me in Summer and put to one side several times!

It is the only quilt that I have ever done any kind of colour planning on.
The original quilt used a combination of sea greens, slate blues, beiges and soft pinks. I chose orangy reds, sea blues and greens  and reddish shades of purple. 

I was a bit worried that the secondary patterns that appear on the original quilt and make it so interesting weren't appearing in mine.  But I can see a few of the larger circles now. Only time will tell if it will be as interesting a quilt as the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment