Monday 21 March 2011

New Quilt

  Just a quick post to show my latest black border quilt.

This is a small quilt and quite light. The machine quilting indicates that it is a quilt rather than a comforter but the filling is very thin.
There are some lovely fabric designs here. It`s difficult to make out as they blend together so well but the lower panel is made up from two pieces of fabric. The duck egg blue background to the print on the right is wonderful .
I love the design of the fabric at the top of this picture. Although it has faded a lot, I can see what a striking effect it would have. Imagine it as a quilt back!

The fabrics used in this quilt are heavier and coarser than any that I have come across and I think they are furnishing fabric offcuts.


More Welsh quilts soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment